Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 2NU

01709 361502

St Mary's Catholic Primary School

St Mary's Pupil Premium Information

Pupil Premium Application Form

Applying for Free School Meals- Important- Your child's school benefits SIGNIFICANTLY if you register for FREE SCHOOL MEALS. Even if you do not intend to use the benefits yourself, your child's school needs you to register!


Dear Parent/Carer

Re: Application for Free School Meals and Pupil Premium

Did you know that just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money? What you may not know however is that the Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered St Mary's will receive a maximum of well over £1 000. With this money we could provide more interventions to accelerate your child’s academic progress as well as interventions to develop self-esteem, self-confidence and social emotional skills.

 If you are successful, not only will it mean your child will receive a free school meal but we can also help in other areas such as with uniform, some school trips, after school sport clubs etc. If you register for Free School Meals (even if your child does not want a school meal) it means that school will receive the extra funding which will benefit your child.

 All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 are automatically entitled to a free school meal, regardless of income (Universal Infant Free School Meals), but if you are on one of the benefits shown overleaf then we would ask you to complete the attached form as school will receive the extra funding and we can help in other areas as mentioned above.

Please contact the school office for more information regarding how to apply.


 Do you qualify? You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit, and an annual household income of less than £16190
  • Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit