Welcome to Foundation!
Meet our staff
In Foundation this year we have 4 members of staff who will be working in class at different times throughout the week.
Miss Gilding (Class Teacher), Mrs Horan (Nursery Nurse), Mrs Telling (Teaching Assistant) and Miss Finnie (SCITT teacher trainee)
In September our topic in Foundation will be –
“All About Me”
In this topic we will be learning about similarities and differences between ourselves, about our families (and how families may be different), our bodies and healthy eating.
Our topic books will be;
- ‘What I like about me?’ by Allia Zobel-Nolan
- ‘One Family’ by George Shannon
- ‘Funny Bones’ by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
- ‘Eat your Peas’ by Kes Grey
A few notices for parents;
- Please ensure that all uniform, coats and shoes, are labelled with your child’s name clearly.
- Please send a water bottle in to school daily (with your child’s name on) containing only water.
- Please ensure your child’s PE kit is in school ready for PE (which will be held on a Thursday afternoon.)
- Please ensure your child’s book bag is in school each day. On a Monday your child will be given a reading book which will then be collected in on a Friday.
As a way of sharing the fantastic learning that we do in Foundation, I will send photographs and information via Class Dojo. You will also be able to view your child's electronic learning journey via parent access on E-Mag. Please use this as an opportunity to talk to your child about what they have done in school.
Remember, you can send photographs through Dojo to support our assessment of your child by sharing any family experiences or home learning. Please add comments where possible, thank you!
We are really looking forward to the year ahead and cannot wait to have lots of fun .
Please contact me via Class Dojo if you have any further questions,
Miss Gilding :)